Monday, August 03, 2009

Bob Dylan em entrevista

In MY WIFE'S HOME TOWN there's the line, "Dreams never did work for me anyway." Do you really believe that?
Well, yeah. Dreams can lead us up a blind alley. Everybody has dreams. We go to sleep and we dream. I've always thought of them as coming out of the subconscious. I guess you can interpret them. Dreams can tell us a lot about ourselves, if we can remember them. We can see what's coming around the corner sometimes without actually going to the corner.
Can't dreams also mean hopes about the future?
Oh sure. It's about how we use the word, I guess. Hopes for the future? I've always connected them up with fears about the future. Hopes and fears go together like a comedy team. But I know what you are talking about. Like in the Everly Brothers song, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DREAM. If they said, "All I have to do is hope," it wouldn't be saying the same thing. It wouldn't be as strong.
What about political dreams?
Oh yeah. Politicians would have political dreams - dreams and ambitions. Maybe we are talking about two different things.
What's your take on politics?
Politics is entertainment. It's a sport. It's for the well groomed and well heeled. The impeccably dressed. Party animals. Politicians are interchangeable.
Don't you believe in the democratic process?
Yeah, but what's that got to do with politics? Politics creates more problems than it solves. It can be counter-productive. The real power is in the hands of small groups of people and I don't think they have titles.

Entrevista completa pode ser lida aqui

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007